Standard Rules and Regulations for the GVFM
2023 Summer Season & Holiday Edition
- Sales at the Farmers’ Market are limited to garden produce and herbs, farm raised meats, flowers, houseplants, baked goods and handmade crafts of all kinds.
- All items must be grown or made by the seller to support economic wellbeing and the development of home-based businesses. Store fronts or resale items are not allowed.
- The sale of adult-themed or items of mature content must be approved by market management.
- You must obtain a retail food sales license through the Gallatin Valley Environmental Health Department if you are selling any potentially hazardous food products. You can contact the Environmental Health Department at (406) 582-3120. You can also reach out to our manager at (406) 388-6701 and they can assist you further.
- Sellers MUST provide their own tables, change, bags and advertising signs. Sellers determine their own
- Sellers are required to be in their space by 8:00 am. If the seller is not in their reserved space and/or does not notify the market manager of their whereabouts by 8:00 am, their reserved space will be given up to lottery. Sellers are required to be ready to sell when the market opens at 9:00 a.m. and sell until noon when the market ends.
- Sellers MUST clean their own area at the conclusion of each market. Be considerate and pick up trash whenever you see it. You will be charged a $25.00 clean up fee if your space has trash.
- Unreserved/Lottery vendors for the market arrive at the fairgrounds parking lot through the Grand Gate at 7:45 am. Enter the gate, then drive to the exhibit buildings until you see a market table with market staff members. You will be given a number and at 8:00 the numbers will be drawn to determine who receives a space. You pay the market worker when chosen, then walk to the pavilion where you will be shown to a space.
- The selling or giving away of animals is strictly prohibited.
- No sales of alcohol or tobacco.
- No advocation or medicinal products (no care providers, massage therapists, acupuncturists, chiropractors or products taken orally or on the skin promising to relieve a medical ailment.)
- No petitions unless approved by market management.
- No political or religious affiliations.
- No smoking or dogs allowed under the pavilion.
- We are all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Please treat everyone with kindness and respect. Hate or bullying of any kind will not be tolerated.
// Download Market Rules PDF
Still Have Questions or would like to reserve a space?