Standard Rules and Regulations for the Gallatin Valley Farmers’ Market 2021 Summer Season
- Sales at the Farmers’ Market are limited to garden produce, locally handmade crafts, flowers, herbs, houseplants, and baked goods.
- All items must be grown or made by the seller to support economic wellbeing and the development of home-based businesses. Store fronts or resale items are not allowed.
- You must obtain a retail food sales license through the Gallatin Valley Environmental Health Department if you are selling food products. You can contact the Environmental Health Department at (406) 582-3120. You can also reach out to our manager and they can assist you further.
- Sellers MUST provide their own tables, change, bags and advertising signs. Sellers determine their own prices.
- Sellers are required to be ready to sell when the market opens at 9:00 a.m. and sell until noon when the market ends.
- Sellers MUST clean their own area at the conclusion of each market. Be considerate and pick up trash whenever you see it. You will be charged a $25.00 clean up fee if your space has trash remaining.
- Unreserved vendors for the market arrive at the fairgrounds parking lot through the Grand Gate at 7:45 am. Enter the gate, then drive to the exhibit buildings until you see a market table with market staff members. You will be given a number and at 8:00 the numbers will be drawn to determine who receives a space. You pay the market worker when chosen, then walk to the pavilion where you will be shown to a space.
- The selling or giving away of animals is strictly prohibited.
- No sales of alcohol or tobacco.
- No advocation or medicinal products (no care providers, massage therapists, acupuncturists, chiropractors or products taken orally or on the skin promising to relieve a medical condition.)
- No petitions
- No political or religious solicitation
- NO smoking or dogs allowed under the pavilion.
- All vendors and attendees must adhere to current Covid-19 rules and regulations imposed by the Gallatin Valley Health Department.
- We are all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Please treat everyone with kindness and respect. Hate or bullying of any kind will not be tolerated.
// Download Market Rules PDF
Still Have Questions or would like to reserve a space?